Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The Rock Gods

Today the landscaping guys showed up to make the big, huge pile of rocks in the front yard into smaller rock garden walls. I have jokingly been referring to them as the Rock Gods all day, because Mom is so thrilled that they are here and are creating her beautiful rock garden for her!

This morning the girls took the bread that they had started making last night and continued on with the next step (which was a little dusting of cornmeal, folding it over and then letting it rise for another two hours) and then we left to go meet Jordan and Isabel and Ivy. We went down to the Coastal Trail and took a short walk and found a Geocache called the 'Muggle Migration Route TB Hotel' together. I gave Jordan the GPS and had him punch in all the info, and when we got to the spot, I let him and the girls look for the cache. Jordan was the one to find it! Yea! We left a bunch of the Travel Bugs that we had brought with us and then we walked back along the trail. Jordan is thrilled to know a lot more about what his GPS is capable of and how he can better use it!

The trail runs along the railroad tracks, so we even got to see an Alaska Railroad train go by! Very cool!

Later in the afternoon we went back over to Jordan and Sioux-z's house so that the kids could play together for a while longer. When we got back home, we had soup for dinner with the bread that the girls had made! It was great.

After dinner Gma and Gpa had the girls help them make banana ice cream, and tomorrow we get to have that for desert! Cool! While they were doing that, I was busy on another project that Mom had for me, polishing her great-grandmother's silver tea set (that's two greats for me). I forgot to take a "before" shot, but it was in the bronzy-rainbowy stage before I started. Now it is in the VERY silvery-sparkly stage! I have always enjoyed polishing the silver for my mom, the same way I always loved cleaning the chandelier at my Gma Lu's house when ever we would visit her.

I think tomorrow we are off to the Anchorage Museum.

See all the pics here.

See all Landscaping the pics here.

No comments: