Saturday, July 21, 2007

7/21/07, 00:29

The time stamp on our receipt read 00:29. That is what time it was on Saturday, 21 July 2007, when we finally got our hands on Book 7 - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows!

8:30am on Friday the girls and I went and stood in line outside Borders Books, and when they opened at 9:00am, we inched forward until we got inside and got wristband #121!

During the day we did a few last minute preparations, and then at 10:00pm I got Amanda and Rebecca up, we got into our costumes, and, wands at the ready, we drove back to Borders Books. Amanda and Rebecca were dressed as students from Gryffindor House and I was dressed as Professor Trelawny. We got there too late for the costume contest (which several people said I would have won), but we did get to be on tv. Several of us stood behind a hispanic newscaster and waved and said "Univision!" for the 11:00 news broadcast on Channel 21 Univision (the local Spanish station).

There wasn't a whole lot else to do, so we wandered about the store, taking pictures of great costumes, and getting our pictures taken as well, and then it was finally time. At midnight, everyone counted down, and then we were called up to the line in groups. I asked Amanda what she was going to be doing in the van on the way home, and she said, "probably sleeping." I said, "Uh uh, you are going to be reading out loud!"

So, at 12:29 on Saturday morning, we got our book. Thankfully there were no evil Voldemort followers shouting spoilers out in the parking lot, so we are still going to find out what happens to Harry Potter the old fashioned way! Amanda is on chapter seven, and I got my copy from Amazon today in the mail, and I am on chapter three. I have to go now, I've got to catch up!

Click here to see the pics of 'Harry Potter: The Wristband'

Click here to see the pics of 'Harry Potter: The Book'

No comments: