Thursday, July 05, 2007

Last Post from Alaska

We can hardly believe our visit here to Alaska is nearly over. In any case, this will be my last post for this trip. It has gone by REALLY fast! We have loved being here and all the great things we have been able to do while we were here! We are also looking forward to being home.

What we are not looking forward to is the doubling of the temprature between here and California. We have been watching the heat wave build and we are not looking forward to plunging from 65 degrees to 110 degrees (Detail) in a course of eight hours! Yikes!

Today we started working on packing and cleaning, etc. and then the girls and I went out to the Alaska Native Heritage Center. But by the time we got there it was pouring rain and most of the displays there are outside, so instead we went to the Imaginarium and played there! There was a fun touchy-feely tide pool area where the kids got to touch starfish and anemones, and then we also got to watch the reptile encounter and the girls got to pet a snake, an alligator and a turtle. Fun!

Tonight for dinner we went to the Lucky Wishbone, a really great family-owned restaurant here in Anchorage. It was one of my favorite places when I was in high school, and I always try to go there when I come to Anchorage. It was so good, and I got to have my pineapple shake! Yum!

Tomorrow we are home! We are hoping for as smooth a flight on the way home as we had up here!

See all the pics here.

No comments: