Sunday, October 26, 2008

Primary Presentation

Today was the Primary Presentation in our ward. Amanda was the Narrator and Rebecca had a talk and sang the first verse of "When Jesus Christ was Baptized" with her friend Brooklyn Kaufman, who sang the second verse. The girls both did really well and the whole Presentation was really nice. The children did a great job. One of my kids from my Valiant B class gave a talk about prayer and told a story about how his family had prayed to find his mother's car keys. I was so proud of him for sharing such an important experience that he had.

Speaking of my Valiant B class, I was released today. I have known about it for a while, as they told me about the change a little over two weeks ago, but I wasn't going to be changing until after the Primary Presentation. So, today I was released and taught my last lesson. It has been a hard change for me. As much as I have complained about the kids and how much they drive me crazy, I was heartsick to learn that I wasn't going to be their teacher any more. I love teaching the Book of Mormon, so I was sad that I won't get to finish that either. Their new teacher is going to be great though, so I am not too worried. The release also means that I won't be the Activity Days leader any more either.

Change is the most unchangeable part of life.

2 comments:

skye said...

The Primary Presentation did turn out really good, and the girls did an awesome job!

And I will miss you in Primary more than anyone, but I'm glad you have your new calling. Now just plan lots of fun stuff so we can hang out more! :)

camfox said...

Bummer that we missed the program. Nathan told me that Amanda did a nice job narrating. I would have liked to hear Rebecca's talk and song.

Lora, you did an awesome job with your class. They were fortunate to have you as a teacher. (Though they many not appreciate your dedication for many years, right?)