Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Blogging my weight loss journey - Month 9

I am not sure which language "plateau" translates into "just quit trying", but apparently in Lora-ese that is exactly what it means. I get frustrated when I am not making progress, and then I soothe that frustration with food. (Curse you Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream!!! You are so good!!) It's a vicious cycle!! I don't feel good and I am tired. I get so fed up with myself, but it always takes SOOOOO much longer to get back on track than it does to get off it. More frustration, so more food.

It was really disheartening to realize that I will not be able to reach my main goal. I thought that my goals were very reasonable, so I am depressed that it looks as though I will not be able to reach it. It took me eight months to lose 40 lbs., I can't imagine that I can safely lose another 40 lbs. in the next 2.5 months. Arg!!

I have to say that it is not as fun to blog about losing weight when you are not actually losing weight. I know I have gained weight, as I am feeling tubby, but I am still fitting into the same clothes, so I know I haven't gained TOO much weight back. Although any weight is too much weight. The worst part is that I absolutely stopped exercizing!! I exercized last Thursday for the first time all month! Not very productive. All out to nothing!

The sad thing is that most of the things I have been eating don't really taste all that great (except for the Ben & Jerry's ice cream), and I don't feel good after eating them. But, unfortunately that doesn't ever seem to stop me.

The thing to focus on is what I have accomplished! I have lost 40 lbs. I am healthier than I was at the beginning of the year. I have to get things back in the right direction. I think I will be blogging a little more often than once a month, as I feel like I try to straighten up right before a blog post, so if I do them more frequently, then I will straighten up more often!

3 comments:

shannon said...

Give yourself credit for losing
40 lbs. That's a huge acomplishment. Besides I can't resist Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie either, although I did find that Safeway/Vons carries little 2oz cartons. That way I can eat the whole thing with out feeling guilty....because whatever size the cartoon, I want to eat the whole thing!

skye said...

I agree. Losing 40 lbs is still awesome. And you already know what you need to do to lose more. A little re-dedication will go a long way, so keep going. You can do it!

camfox said...

Hang in there amiga.