Sunday, August 31, 2008

Blogging my weight loss journey - month 8

Because of our schedule tomorrow, I am not going to be able to weigh and measure in the morning, so I am doing it one day early this month.

Can you say PLATEAU?! Arg!! I am exactly the same as last month. I don’t want to discourage myself, but at the same time, my final goal, which seemed so reasonable at the beginning of the year, is now looking less and less reachable. That’s ten pounds a month for four straight months, and that seems fairly unlikely given my track record of the last four months.

My weight is the same and my inches are the same. Nothing has changed. Actually, that is not exactly true. Three days ago I changed my exercise videos. I am hoping that a change to my workouts will jump start me past this plateau. I am using the FIRM workouts, which have been my favorites for nearly twenty years. There is a lot of paraphernalia involved, so when I started again this year I wanted something really easy and simple, so I went with Turbo Jam. Now, that I have been exercising regularly for over six months I can deal with all the extra stuff (weights, boxes, sticks, 2x4s, etc. -- it sounds funky, but you’ve got to see them!) Even with eight months of exercise under my belt, the last three days of FIRM exercises have given me sore muscles, so I know I am working harder and that is a good thing!

Also, my friend Cory and I started walking at night and that lasted about a week before all our schedules got in the way, but I am hoping after this holiday weekend we can get back into that habit, and that may help as well.

Hopefully the next month’s blog post will be much more exciting!

2 comments:

skye said...

I know you're frustrated but just don't give up. You've come so far. You'll get over this bump in the road eventually, if you just keep working. (/moral boost)

:)

camfox said...

Hang in there Lora. You're looking great. Don't be too hard on yourself.