Monday, August 18, 2008

Back to School

This morning the girls went back to school. Amanda was nervous and excited! She was up nearly the whole night with a nervous stomach. Rebecca was pretty even keeled. It’s just another day for her.

Kevin went in late to work and we all took Rebecca to Sun Empire (which was extensively more chaos than usual!) and got her to her third grade class with Mrs. Sutherland. When she walked into the classroom there were several kids who called out, “Rebecca! Over here! Your desk is over here!” I was glad to hear that, as ever since Kindergarten, Rebecca has been in classes where she had only one other student from the class year before. This year there are quite a few kids in her class from last year, from church, and, ironically, from Kindergarten. Wonderful! When I have told anyone about who Rebecca’s teacher is this year they have all told me what a great teacher she is! I am glad to hear that as well!

Next we took Amanda over to Liberty Intermediate. Much less chaos there. That campus has pretty well got it together. (It’s the parents that cause issues.) Amanda’s class is in the new building that was completed just before the end of last year. Her teacher is the 6th grade GATE teacher, Mr. Kismet. Most of the kids from last year are in her class again, so no worries about friends there!

They are going to do well! Both of them did very well on their STAR tests last year and they have done a lot of reading during the summer. We are very proud of our girls and how much they love school! Now Katrina and I get some time together!

1 comment:

skye said...

Oh, those first day of school jitters. I remember them so well. I was surprised Brooklyn did so well on her first day. She sure didn't get that from me. :)

But isn't it oh-so-wonderful to only have one kid at home? I was running errands for about 6 hours today, and it was sooo nice. Noah did great! No way could I have accomplished that with both kids, and still retained my sanity. :)