Monday, August 23, 2010

I have found the most wonderful book!!! It is called "Wreck This Journal" by Keri Smith.

I was looking online for journalling prompts for teenagers, when I came across a link to a blog about "Wreck This Journal". Interested, I clicked on the link, which directed me to a gallery of photos of different pages of the book. It seemed to be from an art class project. I was fascinated. I enjoyed looking at all the creative, artful ways people had "wrecked" the book.

I clicked on the Introduction and Instruction links and the more I read the more intrigued I became. Then I realized that I could actually purchase the book!!! I immediately went to Amazon.com. I ordered two, as I knew my Mom would love this book too! I waited anxiously for the books to arrive!! Thankfully it only took two days to get here!! I started right away, and sent the second book to my Mom.

It has been so much fun having this book to stimulate my creativity!! I am having a great time, and even more fun, my girls are enjoying it as well. When we went up to Mom and Dad's in Auberry this weekend, I took Amanda with me out to the bridge over the gully. She had already read most of the instructions, so she said, "Is this where you are going to drop it?" I said, "I am going to throw it." Her face got an look of wondrous fear on it. "Can I throw it too?" she asked. "Absolutely!!" So, we took turns throwing the journal down the gully. It got all banged up and there are leaves and grasses in many of the pages now, but it was fun and that is pretty much the point!!

My Mom was thrilled and excited to receive her book. We are going to compare notes as we go along. Here are some of the things I have done this first week:


Wreck This Journal - Week 1

To see photos of the things I have done so far this week, click HERE.

3 comments:

skye said...

I'm not sure, but you might have too much time on your hands. . .

Just kidding! Sound like a fun idea! Might just have to create my own. :-)

Jann said...

This is awesome. I had to go look it up after seeing your book. I am totally going to get one. I think we will all have so much fun with it.

camfox said...

I couldn't get the video to play, but I looked through all the pictures, and loved them. You're so creative Lora.