Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Get it done ladies!!

Today I went to a funeral for Kerrie, a woman my age who was diagnosed with ovarian cancer three months ago. She bravely battled it, setting an amazing example of strength in adversity. She left behind her husband and three children. So, here's what I have to say to all my women friends out there. Get your exams done regularly!! So your boobs hurt (bad!!) during a mammogram. Deal with it and get it done!! So a pap smear is uncomfortable. Suck it up and get it done!! So you don't like needles and getting shots. Too bad and get an HPV vaccine!! Do your breast self-exams every month!! Do whatever it takes to be here!! Men, remind the women you love to get it done!! Cancer doesn't care who you leave behind. (I am in no way suggesting that Kerrie didn't do any of these thing.) We want you here ladies!! : )

2 comments:

skye said...

Okay, okay, you boss me around. :-)

After a 6 year hiatus, last week I finally went to get all these from-now-on annual tests done. But if I hadn't already, I'd be motivated to do it now, so thanks for the pep talk! :-)

Austin Lovelys said...

I am so with you on this!!! It is so important to do your annual check ups and monthly breast checks.