Thursday, April 24, 2008

Parent of the Year

This year I have volunteered in Rebecca's classroom, gone on fieldtrips, and worked on a parent committee to improve the traffic safety at Sun Empire Elementary. I have served on two School District Committees. I have helped in Amanda's classroom, helped with class and school events and volunteered to be the coach for the Odyssey of the Mind team (that was a BIG one!).

Tonight was the Kerman Unified School District's Recognition Night and I was honored by Liberty Intermediate School as the Parent of the Year. They honored retirees, employees and teachers as well as people from the community. Mrs. Milspaugh, the principal at Liberty Intermediate, introduced me and gave me the award, but there was no time for an "acceptance speech", so I want to take the opportunity now. That is what a blog is for, right?!

I appreciate the recognition from the District and the school sites for all the work and time that I have given to try to help my children and their classmates have a wonderful and positive learning experience. I appreciate the teachers who work so hard and I am grateful that I am in a position where I can lend my support and help in many ways. I appreciate my family who support me in these endeavors. This is a very nice honor to receive.

Kevin and the girls were there to cheer me on, as well as Mom and Wes and Laura. One of my friends, Kathryn Hansen, also received the Parent of the Year award for Sun Empire Elementary. It was a lovely evening!

See all the pics HERE.

No comments: