Saturday, March 01, 2008

Blogging my weight loss journey

I have been very resistant to the idea of blogging about my weight loss journey, as I am always afraid that people's expectations of me will be high and then I will fail and then they will think less of me. If I put my goals out there for everyone to read, then I am setting myself up BIG TIME!

Here's the thing though - I am going to do it this time and so I am going to share with everyone why it is going to work this time, as opposed to the other times that I have gone up and down and back and forth.

This time I am scared. I am afraid that I have gotten to a point that if I don't do something about my weight I could have serious health problems. I never have, as I have been blessed with very good genes, but that doesn't mean that I can skate by on that forever. When I walk across the room or climb into bed and that makes me breathe hard, that is not a good thing.

This time I am making several short-term goals. My first goal - to get back below 200 lbs.
Second goal - to get back below where I was last year (32 lbs lost).
Third goal - to fit into my size 16 Levis.
Fourth goal - that my stomach will no longer touch any other part of my body.
Big picture goal - 140 by 40 (I want to weight 140 lbs before I turn 40 years old)

This time I like my eating plan a lot. I am eating five small meals a day, rather than three. That has been a very positive change for me, as I have significantly reduced my portion size. I am eating a protein, a carbohydrate, and a fruit or vegetable with each meal so there is a balance. I am drinking more water (or trying anyway). I am staying away from fried foods, soda and high fructse corn syrup (this one is hard, as it is in EVERYTHING!!).

And, I am doing my Turbo Jam workouts! Love Turbo Jam! I also do a 3.5 mile walk to mix it up a little bit.

So, here is my BEFORE picture.

1 January 2008
weight: 218










one month later:
1 February 2008
weight: 207
total pounds lost: 11 lbs
total inches lost: 16.5"

two months later: (TODAY!)
1 March 2008
weight: 199 (I reached my first goal!)
total pounds lost: 19 lbs
total inches lost: 27.5"!!

Watch for next month's weigh loss report!

2 comments:

camfox said...

Awesome. Way to go!

skye said...

Lora, I am so proud of you! And slightly jealous. :) Keep up the good work!