Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Blogging my weight loss journey - Month 6

Setback. That is the word for the day. Or the month, as it were. Apparently I am still under the delusional expectation that I can eat things I am not supposed to and not gain weight. I find it so frustrating that I can't just get to where I want to be weight-wise and then not have to work at staying there for the rest of my life.

And, yikes! I started sneaking food again. That is always a HUGE red flag. Things are definitely going in the wrong direction if I am trying to sneak food!

My back started hurting right around the middle of the month and I was one, mad!!! and two, worried that I might hurt it worse, so I backed off on the exercise, which, of course led to no exerise for the rest of the month. Arg!

I am halfway through the year and I am halfway to my goal. I have to get my act together and get going back in the right direction. I have to get my portion control back under control. I have to stop eating after 7pm. I have to stop buying sugar-free desserts, because I have been eating them as though it's okay to eat three of them at a time. As much as I HATE to have to do it, I need to start writing things down again so I have to be truly accountable to myself for the things that I eat.

Month 6
weight lost: +1
inches lost: +5"

Next month's word - turnaround!

1 comment:

skye said...

Even at your worst, you are doing better than most of us. :) Sorry about your setback, but I know you can get back up and keep going forward! You are a true inspiration to me. Maybe once the kids are in school, we can get together and go walking. Team work, right? :)