Saturday, December 01, 2007

Christmas Tree! O Christmas Tree!

Today we got our Christmas tree up. I normally would put it up the weekend of Thanksgiving, but it came really early this year, and I don't have my usual Christmas spirit this year. I decided that we were going to tone down Christmas this year.

We usually decorate three trees - the big one with everyone's ornaments, the middle-sized one with all my nativity ornaments, and the small one with all the girl's ornaments on it (all the ones they made in school, etc.). This year we took the small 3' tree to Gma Willie's and set it up there. It fits perfectly in her small apartment. I made ornaments for her tree that were pictures of everyone in the family. She really loved it!

Today we put up the middle-sized tree and put on just the nativity ornaments. It was nice, as the girls haven't always seen all the ornaments since they usually stop helping when the big tree its done, and so it was like they were hanging up all new ornaments. I usually buy them each a new ornament for Christmas, but this year I am in the middle of making them each a little ornament book that mentions all the important things they did this year. They will be nice when they are finished. Right now though, I have to finish sending out our Christmas cards.

No comments: